Modified business hours
OPEN: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
SATURDAY: Beginning December 18, 2021
Updated procedures effective June 1, 2021
NYS curbside mandate has been lifted! This means, if you choose, you may now come into Canfield Vet with your beloved pet for their veterinary appointments. We are so excited to be able to talk to you in person in the office. For those that prefer curbside service, we will be offering this option as well. Either way, we are going to ask you to please continue to text or call when you arrive and a technician will go over the details with you on the phone. Then, if coming in, we will let you know when your sanitized exam room is ready. In order to limit how many people are in the lobby, when your appointment ends, we will ask you to return to your car with your pet while waiting for the doctor to write up any instructions, dispense any needed medication and complete your check out.
All medication pick up will continue to be on a 'call ahead' and prepay system. We will NOT be able to accommodate walk-ins for medication refill and payment at the front desk. NO exceptions.
We appreciate your attention and understanding regarding the new appointment protocol options. We look forward to interacting with you and your companion in person and will continue to give personalized and compassionate care at Canfield Vet. SEE you soon - new protocol begins Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Online appointments may be scheduled between one to six months in advance. If you require an appointment sooner, please call (585) 383-1110 and one of our reception staff will assist you. As always, please call (585) 383-1110 if you have a pet with immediate care needs.
Please call (585) 383-1110 if you have a pet with immediate care needs.
If your pet requires urgent care or has a medical emergency, and you are ill, please arrange for a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet to our hospital. If you call ahead, we will gladly accommodate your representative following the procedures outlined above.
Some patients may be directed to Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Services (open 24 hours, (585) 424-1277) or Animal Urgent Care at Pittsford Animal Hospital (open Saturday 8 am to 8 pm and Sunday 9 am to 5 pm, (585) 271-7000).
Medication refills and food orders
Please use our online pharmacy, Vetsource, for convenient ordering and delivery to your home. Be sure to order in advance of need.
Orders placed at Canfield will take a minimum of 24-48 hours to prepare with payment required over the phone. We will place orders in the pick-up box on the left side of the hospital for pick up.
- Doctors not physically in the hospital will be available during business hours (Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm) for telemedicine consults:
- If you would like to connect with our team from home, visit the Canfield page on the TeleTails website. Then download the TeleTails mobile app and enter our code CANFIELD. Select "start a consultation" and choose a doctor.
- Expect a response time of one to two hours during business hours.
- If an in-hospital appointment is required following the virtual consult, the fee is reduced.
- Outside business hours, if you do not receive a reply within one hour, please call Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Services (open 24 hours, (585) 424-1277).
Thank you for your patience
Visit our website often as the situation changes. Also check your email for current information.
COVID-19...what you need to know
- Protect yourself and your pet against novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- For more information and health guidance regarding COVID-19, visit the CDC or WHO websites.
- For reliable local information on coronavirus, visit urmc.rochester.edu/coronavirus.
- For questions about COVID-19 and your pet, read COVID-19 FAQ for pet owners.
- Make a plan for your pet. New York State Veterinary Medical Society recommends pet planning in case you need help caring for your animals due to COVID-19. Read more.